A Video and Written Guide to the Garrett ACE 250
Here is a great Video that walks thru the functionality of the Garrett Ace 250 and then our written review of the 250. Summary: We found this beginners Metal Detector to be a great value for the money. It is advanced beyond the toy or beginners class and is the start of the true Hobby Class metal detector with graphical target ID, Notch Discrimination to weed out the junk, Gold and coin finding precision a true turn on and go Treasure Detector. Serious enough for someone to take out every week and fine coins, gold, Jewelry and relics. It is very similar to the Garrett ACE 350 except that the 350 has a special larger search coil and a few other features (and costs about $80 more) but they both detect at about the same depth. You can click on this link to read our review of the Garrett ACE 350.
Here is the Video Guide to the Ace 250
The first thing everyone wants to know is "How deep will the detector find treasure"? well that depends upon the treasure, how big it is, the soil its in, etc.
You can expect the Ace 250 to find coins from 4 – 8 inches down in the soil.
It will find rings from 2 – 6 inches down depending on the size of the ring and how it is laying in the ground. Some rings are very thin and don't contain much metal, others have a "signature" like that of a pulltab or piece of foil so often people think its "junk" and don't dig it!
The 250 will find gold jewelry and coins at the depths listed above BUT when it comes to gold nuggets and flakes I would expect it (based upon tests) to find them only down to about 2 inches. It is meant to be a general purpose detector and not a true "Gold Nugget Hunting Machine". If thats what you want click on this link to read our article on the Fisher Gold Bug 2!
- This is no toy Metal Detector, it comes out of the box with a Large 10" search coil that gives better depth AND accuracy then the stock 8" coils on most other Beginners detectors!
- The 10 inch search coil helps with deeper detection and with mineralized soil.
- It also has an Electronic Pinpoint Feature which makes determining the exact location of the find a breeze!
- In addition to that it has a Coin Depth Gauger which really helps in digging up the find.
- Beginners REALLY like that it has a Graphic Target Id telling you what the target you have discovered most likely is – Gold, Silver, Coins, etc.
- This is a true easy to use treasure hunting machine equipped with EASY TI USE Touch-N-Go Technology (We love this! Makes it simple for a beginner to learn and use right out of the box).
- YOU control how sensitive it is with a selectable sensitivity level. You use a higher sensitivity level when searching for very small or very deep targets. But you use the lower sensitivity levels in locations where the detector is behaving erratically due to excessive metallic trash interference, high mineral soils, saltwater beaches,
or other metal detectors are present.
- There is an ELIM (Eliminate) Function that lets you eliminate specific types of items "on the fly" while hunting. For example, you are out treasure hunting around an old house but guess what, they had the roof redone 5 years ago and you just hit the 5th roofing nail in a row, Don't give up! Eliminate it! Here is how with the Ace 250: The ELIM function can be used to modify each Mode’s discrimination pattern. For example, when an unwanted target is located while hunting, press the ELIM button to eliminate that Notch (delete
the cursor) to eliminate that specific target and it won't detect it again!
Search Modes to help you find what you want to find:
These are preset search modes. Just click and go:
The All Metal – This MODE is designed to detect every type of metal and should be used
when you want to find all metal items or when the materials of the desired object is unknown
The Jewelry Mode – Finding a small ring is very similar to a pull tab that is trash. the jewelry mode helps target such special differences allowing you to find rings and necklaces while eliminating pull tabs, bottle tops and nails!
The Custom Mode – lets you use the eliminate feature and eliminate specific target types and save the setting so next time you go you can put it on the Custom mode and search with your own custom set of eliminated trash targets! COOL!
The Relics Mode – Designed to eliminate trash targets normally associated with relic hunting,
while detecting good targets in the lower conductivity range, such as lead and brass.
Coins Coins Mode—This mode is designed to find all types of coins and eliminate trash items
such as iron, bottle caps, most pull tabs and other trash encountered while detecting.
The Ace 250 Metal Detector Control Panel:
The Control Panel is easy to use and read and gives you all the information you need at a glance. Check it out below:
From the Manufacturer:
The Ace 250 is a member of the ALL-NEW Garrett ACE series – not just a new line of detectors, but a new way of thinking. We've taken much of the leading edge technology and well thought-out features from our GTI and GTAx lines and packaged them into the most aggressive, rugged outdoor design in the industry. From custom notch discrimination, pinpointing, adjustable sensitivity and depth settings to the newest addition of the Performance coils series, the 6.5×9" ACE coil, these detectors will never stop impressing you – or finding treasure!
But does it work? – Treasure Found!
The price is low but this is a serious metal Detector.
How Serious?" Check this out:
Here is a very good price on this excellent treasure detector and below that we have an ACE 250 Sport package for those of you who want to start off with a complete treasure hunting package.
Click on the Ace 250 image below or the Amazon link to get your hands on one today.
Rating: 5 Stars
List Price: $ 249.95
SALE Price: $ 212.43
The Deluxe Sports Pack Option
Garrett is offering the ACE 250 Deluxe Sports Pack. In addition to the ACE, you get 5 Bonus Items:
- • 9" x 12" PROformance Search coil (Fantastic for deeper finds)
- • Tote Bag
- • ACE Environmental Cover-Up
- • Garrett Headphones (This is a great addition. It helps you detect deeper targets)
- • Lost Treasure Field Guide
Sport Package Option:
- Ace 250 Metal Detector
- 6.5" x 9" PROformance submersible search coil
- 9" x 12" PROformance Search coil
- 4 AA batteries
- Instructional video
- Tote Bag
- ACE Environmental Cover-Up
- Garrett Headphones
- Lost Treasure Field Guide
List Price: $ 349.95
Current Amazon Price: $ 297.45
You can click on the Amazon link above to see this option listed at the bottom after the regular 250 Deal.
Finally you can click on this link to go to our main web page and read more articles like this Garrett ACE 250 Review.