Tesoro Silver Umax Metal Detector Review
In this Tesoro Silver uMax Metal Detector review we give a review of the Tesoro Silver Umax . We give the main features, information and links for more info, a comparable metal detector to review and a Link to where you can find the Tesoro Silver uMax Metal Detector on sale today!
Summary a very good Metal Detector in the highly competitive Hobby Class niche. You can click on this link to read our review of the Garrett ACE 350 Metal Detector to compare it to one of the best detectors in this class.
Cost : Most places charge around $299. Expect to find it on sale for $250 – $275.
We have a link at the bottom of the page for the Tesoro Silver uMax Metal Detector on Sale at Amazon for $254.
The Tesoro Silver Umax Metal Detector Review - Outstanding Features
Tesoro Silver uMax Metal Detector Basics:
- The Tesoro Silver uMax Metal Detector is a Quality built metal detector made in USA. And I have to admit that I like being able to purchase a quality, guaranteed electronics product that is made locally.
- The Tesoro Silver uMax Metal Detector comes with a Lifetime warranty – for real!
- The Tesoro Silver uMax Metal Detector Is easy to use and light weight at a reasonable price making it a very good starter machine – but there is a lot of quality competition in this price range.
- The Tesoro Silver uMax Metal Detector will find all metals including Silver, Gold, coins, old war relics etc. While the users I have talked to have made nice finds in the 6" to 10" range that is no longer exceptional on metal detectors and many in the $200 – $300 price range will meet and exceed that depth. But This is just a notation. Finding quality targets 6-10" down is terrific!
- The Tesoro Silver uMax Metal Detector only has 2 knobs and one switch so it really is easy and the switch and Discrimination know both have English words describing what each position does so it makes this metal detector super beginner friendly.
Tesoro Silver uMax Metal Detector Product Description
According to Tesoro the Tesoro Silver uMax Metal Detector is is the next generation, cutting edge design of the best selling Tesoro Silver Sabre metal detector. In our opinion it is short on the bells and whistles of other detectors in its category. The Silver Umax does not have the Following:
1) It lacks an LCD screen to tell you information visually like the depth of a target, etc.
2) It lacks any preset buttons to optimize it for Coin shooting, Jewelry hunting or Beach hunting.
3) It lacks The visual identification of targets to tell the user if they have potentially found Gold, Silver, A quarter or what have you.
4) It lacks the ability to set a custom discrimination program by rejecting specific items by scanning them and selecting reject and storing that.
I could go on but there is no point.
To be sure there are plenty of people who like the simplicity of this design and ease of use COMBINED with very good depth and quality manufacturing. This is the perfect metal detector for that person.
Others will wand to look at The Garrett ACE 350 or the Fisher F2 or the Teknetics Alpha 2000.
Tesoro Silver uMax Metal Detector Review Main Bullet Points:
* Microprocessor Technology
* MicroMax Design
* Low Noise Circuitry
* VLF 10 kHz Frequency
* One Drop-in 9 volt Battery
* Push Button Battery Test
* Silent Search Discriminate Mode
* Silent Search All Metal Mode
* 8" Concentric Coil
* Interchangeable Coils
* Built-in Mineral Rejection
Price: $ 299
OK thats it for this Tesoro Silver uMax Metal Detector Review