Sand Scoops for Metal Detecting Guide
Sand Scoops are critical to metal detecting in sand or silt. Typically Sand Scoops for Metal Detecting are sturdy metal with either holes in it or a metal frame with a heavy gauge wire mesh of 1/4 inch thru 3/8ths of an inch.
Without a sand scoop finding your target in the sand is insanley hard! Trust me, I have been there.
Sand Scoops for Metal Detecting tip: And don't get a plastic scoop. they DO NOT hold up as well as metal! Most people don't realize that in a lot of beaches if you get down very far in the sand it can be like gravel or coral or other hard material that will tear up a plastic sand scoop quickly!
And you WANT to get down there. I remember finding a silver mercury dime on edge almost a foot down (probably why no one else found it for all those years) The signal was faint and the digging a little hard as it was coral gravel and shells but a nice find.
There are basically 3 choices for Sand Scoops for Metal detecting:
1) A Hand Held Scoop that has a short handle.
- The advantage of this is that it is easy to carry and lighter in weight (and cheaper) then the next 2 options
- The disadvantage is you have to get down to a crouch or on your knees to dig every target!
2) The second type of Sand Scoop for Metal Detecting has a handle of 18 inches to 24 inches
- The advantage of this is you don't have to get all the way down to dig your target.
- But it is slightly heavier and more expensive then the hand held.
- I tried one and found either hand held or the long one more to my liking,
3) The final type of sand scoop for metal detecting is the full length handle (4 foot or so) scoop
These are heavy duty so you can use your foot to help dig like a shovel kind of
You don't have to get down to dig (but sometimes you still have too – like if it is a small gold charm that slipos thru the holes in your scoop)
And its not that hard to carry cause its like a walking stick.
But it is the most expensive of the choices.
Here are the 3 types of Sand Scoops for Metal Detecting if you want to see them or buy one:
Pro Hand Held Sand Scoops for Metal Detecting
- Rugged Construction
- All metal
- Sturdy welded design
- Use with all brands of metal detectors
- Coins & Rings will not slip through
The Pro Hand Held Sand High Scoop lets you easily sift through sand and locate your finds.
List Price: $ 39.95
Pro Knee High Sand Scoops for Metal Detecting
- For use with all hobby metal detectors
- Knee High Sand Scoop
- Metal Construction
- Made in USA
- Coins & rings will not slip through
The Pro Knee High Sand Scoop lets you easily sift through sand and locate your finds.
List Price: $ 49.95
Pro Series Heavy Duty Long Handle Sand Scoops for Metal Detecting
- Popular round basket design – Basket is 6" x 10"
- Heavy duty 14 gauge stainless steel
- Welded construction for strength and durability
- Straight steel handle – Overall length is 4'
- Reinforced stainless steel footpad
This top of the line heavy duty stainless steel scoop will help you easily recover your finds. This scoop is designed for shallow water target recovery at the beach or local pond. Rugged design makes this scoop substantial enough to get the job done, yet light enough for all day use. A reinforced footpad allows you to use your full body weight to dig effortlessly. A full 48" long pole makes this scoop the perfect length.
Pro features include:
* Popular round basket design
Heavy duty 14 gauge stainless steel
Welded construction for strength and durability.
* Basket is 6" x 10"
* Straight steel handle
* Overall length is 4'
* Reinforced stainless steel footpad
List Price: $ 189.95
Pro Series Unbreakable Composite Trowel for Metal Detecting
- Lifetime Guarantee – If you can break it, we will replace it!
- Unbreakable composite construction
- Sometimes you just need a light weight trowel!
- Sturdy design for easy digging
Possibly the last trowel you will ever need to add to your collection of metal detecting gear. Great for treasure hunting on the beach, sifting through sand, or digging in loose soil. The Pro Series Unbreakable Composite Trowel is a great addition to any treasure hunter's arsenal of tools. The trowel is made of a plastic composite, so you can run your search coil over the trowel without interference.
* Unbreakable composite construction
* Sturdy design for easy digging
If you can break it, we will replace it!
List Price: $ 14.95
OK thats it for this article on Sand Scoops for Metal Detecting