Whites well done Coinmaster Pro Metal Detector
In this Coinmaster Pro Review we tell you everything you need to know about this quality $250 Metal detector. My first metal detector was a Whites Coinmaster. It was just terrific. Easy to use and it found treasure every time I used it. The newer Whites Coinmaster Pro is a quantum leap over that detector so lets get into the review and tell you why!
Above – the Coinmaster Pro - Note in the picture of the control panel that there are no dials and the faceplate is sealed. Nice.
Here are the key features of Whites modern Coinmaster that make it great for the serious beginner or casual hobbyist. I ignore the fluff that a lot of places put in their review and focus on whats important to the newer metal detector user.:
1) The Whites Coinmaster Pro is EASY to set up and EASY to use::
- It takes about 2 minutes to assemble
- It takes 2 9 volt transistor batteries (no waiting overnight for the batteries to recharge and no heavy battery pack).
- You can truly turn on the whites Coinmaster Pro and start detecting. No book to read. No rocket science.
2) It is a true turn on and go metal detecting detector! Heck there are only 3 steps to getting started in the Whites Coinmaster Pro Metal Detectors owner manual!
- Press ON/OFF button. Sweep search coil over ground evenly (near to or touching ground surface) keeping close to the ground throughout each sweep and overlapping each pass as if mopping a floor.
- Solid repeatable beeps and repeatable display signifies a “hit”. Press P/P button and “X” areas to pinpoint exactly where to dig. PressP/P again to continue searching.
- Broken or inconsistent beeps and display indicates undesirable metals.
3) Even though the Whites Coinmaster Pro lets you turn it on and go it still has all the important modern features that metal detecting successful:
- A graphical display that gives you a visual target identification as well as the tone identification.
- The display also gives you the depth of the target you have found, the probable object (Quarter, nickel, gold, etc). battery power remaining, sensitivity setting, etc.
- It lets you select what you want to discriminate (what you want the metal detector to ignore. For example if you are looking for coins you may want to have the Whites Coinmaster Pro ignore all pull tabs. but if you are looking for rings and jewelry you will probably want it to alert you to pull tabs because a small ring can often be detected as a pull tab)! All of this is possible with the simple accept and reject discrimination switch.
4) This quality made treasure hunting machine comes with a full 2 year warranty and Whites is legendary for its great customer service.
5) The Whites Coinmaster Pro is made in the USA!
6) The list cost is only $279.99 so expect to pay a little less at metal detector retailers.
List of features
Adjustable Sensitivity: Some beginners detectors don't have this but its important. If you are in different types of soil you can use more sensitivity and detect deeper while in others you have to use less due to soil conditions. This lets you set it to the best possible for where you are detecting at any given point in time.
PinPoint/All-Metal Mode: (OK every metal detector on the planet has this so its not really a feature – Makes locating your target a snap. Just push the pad!
Batteries – Believe it or not this is a big plus for this detector. It only uses 2 light weight and inexpensive 9 volts and it will run for 20 hours on them. Cool! NO WAITING FOR THE BATTERIES TO CHARGE. AND THEY ARE LIGHT WEIGHT!
Adjustable arm cup and lower rod positions: Fits most children – adults.
9-inch waterproof spider search coil:Great to be waterproof so you can stick it into the water. BUT this is NOT an underwater detector. If you want to do a lot of searching in water go for a waterproof metal detector. One that can actually be submerged under water and not damaged!
The Final word
A great beginners metal detector which is far better then what you get in the department stores. It works GREAT. Its price is reasonable and Whites Metal Detectors is a company you can trust.
For comparison check out the Garrett ACE 350 or Fisher F2. The Ace 350 and the Coinmaster pro seam pretty close to me and it comes down to your preference.
You can click on this link to go to our main page to read more articles like this Review of the Whites Coinmaster Pro Metal Detector!
OK thats it for this Review of the Whites Coinmaster Pro Metal Detector