Garrett Ace 350 Metal Detector Review-NEW!
In this article, NEW Garrett Ace 350 Metal Detector Review!, we give you a detailed report on this detector including features, usability and how well it finds various treasure!. This is the latest technology from Highly regarded Garrett Metal Detectors – the Ace 350! You can click on this link to read our review of the Fisher F4 review to compare it to the Garrett Ace 350 Metal detector (We like the ACE 350 better).
The Garrett Ace 350 Metal Detector Features an excellent control panel, ease of use, excellent depth for a detector under $300 for finding gold coins, jewelry, relics – you name it. Its a very good all around beginners hobby class metal detector.
Read our review below the new Garrett Ace 350 Metal detector factory picture.
Then you can read the factory stats and write up which comes after that! You can click on the links in blue to Go to Amazon and buy it now or read their reviews etc!
NEW Garrett Ace 350 Metal detector Review
OK So here is Our review of the New Garrett ACE 350 Metal detector (Thanks to Eric for loaning me his new one for this review).
But wait there is more ! The Garrett Ace 350 Metal Detector also has Accept/Reject targeting!
Ok this is really cool. With accept or reject targeting you can change the programming of the Garrett Ace 350 Metal Detector to ignore specific types of targets. For example lets say you are detecting at an old park but it has a lot of old bottle caps that you keep wasting time on. All You do is press a button and tell the detector to reject any item exactly like this from now on and POOF no more bottle caps are detected BUT the Garrett Ace 350 Metal Detector will still continue to detect everything else it had before.
Accepting Targets: Suppose you are looking for a gold earring lost at the beach. Just teach the Garrett Ace 350 Metal Detector to accept only the earring and then you can search for only that lost item without stopping to dig miscellaneous items. Or you only want silver coins and don't care for modern clad coins teach the Garrett Ace 350 Metal Detector to accept what you want and reject what you don't want and focus on finding the Treasure that has true value!
A lot of beginners won't start off using this but once you have been detecting a while I guarantee that you will!! This used to be just the high end detectors not at the lower price points like this! This is a great great great feature!
You can still program your own if you want. And yes that can be real handy if you are digging for relics at the site of an old house where the ground is loaded with nails. Set the detector to reject that signal and off you go!
Number 2 of what I liked best about the Garrett Ace 350 was the Control Panel:
The control panel of the Garrett Ace 350 Metal Detector pictured below is easy to read with all the information you need to find buried coins, jewelry, silver, gold, etc while not wasting a ton of time digging up junk!
I like the coin depth gauge to the right. This really helps with knowing how deep to dig or probe a target. With my tests this was dead on accurate except for a big target. I put a $1 dollar Ike coin 4 inches down and it came up as 2 inches down. All the other coins and ring tests were accurate on depth and targeting. NICE!
NEW Garrett Ace 350 Metal detector Review – Check out the great main panel of the NEW Garrett ACE 350 Metal Detector:
NEW Garrett Ace 350 Metal detector Review – Check out how deep this metal detector will find coins!!I
I have updated this based on recent tests:
Rings - I tested several gold rings (air tested) and the rings were solid and clearly "found" at depths from 4 – 6 inches depending upon the size and amount of metal in the ring. I was running the test with the detector at near full power.
Coins – The Coin depth was from 4.5 inches – 8 inches. The 4.5 inches was on a dime and the 8 inches on a half dollar. I have run tests with buried dimes pennies and quarters and the results were mixed with almost lal of them falling within this range depending on if the coin was flat or on edge, etc. But Workin the detector like I would while hunting I was able to actually find the coins DEEPER then I did on my air test. I think that is because I move the detector slower and listen more carefully when detecting and when you " air test" (wave a coin back and fourth in from t of the coil in the air) you tend to move your hand much quicker and a little more inconsistantly then you sweep the detector when detecting.
Summary: The Garrett Ace 350 Metal Detector is a winner at this price point it is just a great deal. Most $200 detectors don't have half these features
NOTE: The Garrett ACE 250 gets about the exact same depth for less money then the Garrett ACE 250 but it does not have some of the ACE 350 features like the larger search coil. You can click on this link to read our review of the Garrett ACE 250.
Below is the factory write up on the ACE 350:
- The Garrett Ace 350 Metal Detector has Five Search Modes: select pre-set discrimination patterns or create your own
- The Garrett Ace 350 Metal Detector has a visible, Continuous Coin Depth Indicator to determine target depth. SO as you move the detector back and fourth over the target the meter will show you the shallowest point, and that is the point at which you are exactly centered over the target so you know not only exactly where to dig but how deep as well!
- Battery Condition Indicator shows battery life continually
- The Garrett Ace 350 Metal Detector has Pushbutton Controls with One-Touch operations – again a great feature that beginners will love.
- The Garrett Ace 350 Metal Detector has Accept/Reject Discrimination to modify discrimination patterns as described above. Just a great feature!
- Electronic Pinpointing to speed target recovery
Finally, The Garrett Ace 350 Metal Detector lets you fine tune your machine to the conditions you are hunting under or to your preferences with:
- Audio Tone ID Levels - 3
- Target ID Cursor Segments - 12
- Iron Discrimination Segments - 4
- Sensitivity/Depth Adjustments - 8
NEW Garrett Ace 350 Metal detector Review – what else ?
- Volume control headphones - Garrett Clear Sound Easy Stow headphones are included with the Garrett Ace 350 Metal detector
- The Garrett Ace 350 Metal detector comes out of the box with a Powerful, large 8.5"x11" PROformance DD search coil. This is a deep seeking larger ground covering coil then is included with most metal detectors.
- Interchangeable ACE series search coils can be put on the Garrett Ace 350 Metal detector so you can switch to a smaller coil in trashy areas or in working around rocks or brush. Beginners Note: If you use a big coil like comes with this machine in an area with bottle caps and pull tabs every half 4 or 5 inches it is hard to find anything as the metal detector is picking up multiple pieces of different kind of trash at the same time. But switch to a small 4 inch coil and your machine can function easily and you can pick out the treasure among the buried garbage that others have been missing!
- Excellent ground visibility through coil
- Rugged, Rhino-Tough epoxy-filled construction
- The Garrett ACE 350 Metal Detector has a Waterproof design; near-neutral buoyancy in water (Crucial for beach detecting or in the water detecting)
- Garrett exclusive: blunted tip and tail design further extended coil's total scan area and offers improved searching along obstacles (walls,fencing,etc).
- Enhanced Iron Resolution allows more precise control over how much discrimination to apply. Use to separate good treasure targets from adjacent iron trash.
- Higher Frequency* offers improved ability to detect small, conductive targets. (such as small gold nuggets).
*Compared to ACE 250/150
- Length (Adjustable) - 42" to 51" (1.06m-1.29m)
- Total Weight - 2.8Ibs. (1.27 kgs.)
- Batteries - 4 AA (included)
- Warranty - 2 Year, Limited Parts/Labor
We recommend Amazon as they have great shipment tracking and customer friendly return policies!
Included free if you buy the Garrett Ace 350 Metal detector from Amazon:
- Stainless Steel Trowel
- Garrett Treasure Pouch
- ACE Environmental Cover-UP
- Garrett Clear Sound Headphones,
The Amazon price also includes FREE Shipping in addition to the over $50 discount
List Price: $ 349.95
Price: $ 297.45
Finally you can click on this link to go to our main page and read more metal detector reviews like this Garrett ACE 350 Review.