Garret Hand Held Pro-Pointer Metal Detector
In this Review of the Garrett Pro-Pointer we give the good and bad points of this handheld metal detector. first off its about the size of an electric screwdriver and its intended use is to locate the exact position of a find in the ground or in a pile of dirt that you have dug up or even in the hole that you have dug. This is a terrific accessory that everyone who wants to increase the amount of treasure they find should have. It can also be used to find a variety of other things like a screw behind a piece of trim, etc.
If you are looking for a hand held Security wand / metal scanner you can click on this link to read our review of the Garret Hand Held Scanner.
Using the Garrett Pro-Pointer
Using the Garrett Pro-Pointer Metal detector is easy.Turn the Garrett Pro-Pointer on and it is working.Its that simple! So what is the Pro-Pointer?The Garrett Pro-Pointer is a non-motion, all-metal detector about the size of an electric screwdriver. It is used to help you find the exact location of metal treasure in the ground, in a hole you are digging to recover the treasure or in a pile of dirt or sand that you have dug up.
The "non-motion" is an important feature. It means that you get to remain stationary over a
target with continuous audio and vibration response. You don't have to wave it back and fourth. As you move the the Garrett Pro-Pointer closer to a target, the rate of pulsing audio and vibrations increase proportionally—allowing precise pinpointing
of the target. Operation is completely automatic. All metals will be detected including ferrous and non-ferrous.
Unlike some other hand held pin pointer metal detectors on the market, this one detects on the sides too. This is a huge advantage when you cant find an object in the hole you have dug. Just insert the pro pointer in the hole and move it around the edge, it will detect along the side AS WELL AS straight down off the tip!
All of this means you will find your treasure target MUCH Quicker then without a pro-pointer AND you can decrease the amount of delicate gold and silver jewelry and coins
that you damage when in the process of digging them up because you inadvertently dig right into them. (I did this to a find gold and silver bracelet once and about broke it in half.
What a shame.
Garrett Pro-Pointer Key Features
- This hand held pin pointer has a audio/vibration pulse rate that changes as you get close to the target
- It has Pinpoint tip detection which is great for very small objects
- AND Garrett Pro-Pointer has 360° detecting so you can use it like a wand or to detect around the sides of a hole.
- It has a LED light for low light uses. This is another features others lack.
- It also has a Scraping blade for searching soil
- It features Automatic tuning which is nice in a detector this small.
- Woven belt holster included
- Water resistant
Review of how to use a Pin Pointer when Metal detecting
You will find it to be an indispensable tool to:
- • Speed target recovery as mentioned above
- * Help you find small objects like Earrings, Gold and silver bracelet charms, gold nuggets, etc.
- • Prevent digging large holes
- * prevent damaging finds like gold or silver coins, Jewelry,etc. (again if you have been detecting long you've done this way more then you will admit. Scratch the face of a rare coin in other wise great condition and you just knocked a lot of the value off. Cut a piece o fine jewelry in half and it breaks your heart.
- • Identify multiple objects in near proximity;
- • Search in tight interior areas such as walls and ceilings;
- • Search in and around rocks at the base of a foundation or field stone wall.
|Operating temperatures||-35°F (-37°C) to 158°F (70°C)|
|Length||9" (22.9 cm)|
|Thickness||1.5" (3.8 cm) tapered to .875" (2.2 cm)|
|Weight||7 oz. (0.2 kg) with battery|
|Battery||Single 9V battery (included)|
|Meets IEC 60529 IP 66 standards for water and dust protection|
List Price $139.99
Current sale Price: $127.45 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping
You can click on this link to buy one from Amazon or read or the great reviews from people like you that have actually bought one and are using it.
OK thats it for this Garrett Pro-Pointer Review