Pro Hand Held Sand Scoop for use with metal detector are a worthwhile purchase if you are going to be searching in sand or loose gravel. Here is an example:
- Rugged Construction
- All metal
- Sturdy welded design
- Use with all brands of metal detectors
- Coins & Rings will not slip through
The Pro Hand Held Sand High Scoop lets you easily sift through sand and locate your finds.
List Price: $ 39.95
Price: $ 21.95
Metal detecting carrying bags are a great idea. Your detector is an investment and theygenerally get more banged around in your car and in the house then when you are using it.
Here is an exanple of a couple of carry carry bags:
Garrett All Purpose Metal Detector Carry Bag
- Holds any fully assembled Garrett metal detector
- Made of soft, leather-like material with felt-like interior
- 42 inches long; reinforced-nylon carrying straps
- Two zippered pockets: 10-by-15-inches and 8-by-7-1/2-inches
44.5” length with two pockets; faux leather; includes convenient shoulder strap.
Look to Garrett for the treasure-hunting accessories you need to make your hunts more successful. Protect your detector from light rain and dust with our Garrett control panel cover-ups.Roomy enough to accommodate any Garrett metal detector, this zippered bag is made of a soft, leatherlike material with a feltlike interior. It measures 42 inches long, has reinforced nylon carry straps, and provides two zippered pockets for carrying extras. One pocket measures 10 by 15 inches, and the other is 8 by 7-1/2 inches. –Fred Brack
List Price: $ 29.99
Price: $ 25.45
Bounter Hunter NYLONCARRYBAG Bounty Carry Bag
- Protects Bounty Hunter® Metal Detector From The Elements While In Storage Or In Transit
- Double-Stitched Nylon Construction
- Accommodates Bounty Hunter® S-Rod Configuration
- Includes Outside Zip-Pocket For Extra Batteries Or
- Small Accessories
While there may be metal treasures under the asphalt of the parking lot, most modern day bounty hunters prefer to get away from their automobiles to more fertile territory before getting down to business. Likewise, the bounty hunter code of ethics rules out prospecting on private property, environmental reserves, and historical or archeological sites, so finding the right beach or park to comb may require some foot travel. To protect a sensitive metal detector in transit, Bounty Hunter offers this metal detector carry bag. The bag accommodates all Bounty Hunter metal detectors with S-rod configurations and displays the Bounty Hunter logo on its side. Crafted in sturdy outer nylon shell with double stitching, the bag protect from dust, debris, weathering, and light water damage. A rust-resistant zipper provides quick access to the detector while keeping the bag firmly closed when sealed. For transporting spare batteries or stowing found goods, the bag provides outer pockets with zippers. Users carry the bag by two large handles. The USA-made bag measures 28 by 10 inches with expandable width and weighs 1.8 pounds upon shipping.
List Price: $ 29.99
Price: $ 19.75
Also make sure you have a quality hand held digging tool and pouch to carry your finds in. Here is one such set up:
Bounty Hunter TP-KIT Pouch and Trowel Combo Kit
- Trowel and treasure pouch for digging up and carrying precious found metals
- Stainless steel trowel with plastic handle
- Nylon pouch straps around your waist for hands-free digging
- Includes sturdy buckle and 4 pockets for carrying treasure, trowel, and almost anything else
- Made in the U.S.A.
A Bounty Hunter® finds pouch and digger will help you to retrieve and secure your newly found treasure. The stainless steel 9 heavy-duty digging tool has a comfortable plastic handle and a handy depth gauge. Your finds can then be easily kept in the tough nylon pouch with a 2 adjustable web belt that contains two large packets and two side slip-in pockets.Hunting for precious metals has always required more than a map. During the California Gold Rush, prospectors came equipped with blasting powder to tunnel through rock, picks and shovels for digging out rock matter, gold pans for sorting through the debris, and rail cars to transport the goods away. While, in today's environment, a treasure hunter employs a metal detector rather than a map, one still needs tools to uncover finds and tote them away. Bounty Hunter recognized that need and developed this pouch and trowel combo kit. For digging up bounty, the kit provides a 9-inch stainless-steel trowel. The user can monitor digging depth with the engraved gauge on the trowel surface. The plastic handle provides ergonomic gripping. When idle, the trowel tucks into a side pocket of the treasure pouch for neat storage. The pouch features durable nylon construction with two outer pockets for stowing the trowel and a water bottle. There also are two interior pockets for bounty or for accumulated litter. The user wears the pouch around the waist and can adjust the 2-inch wide web belt through the sturdy buckle for comfort. The USA-made kit measures 8 by 8 by 3 inches upon shipping and weighs 7.4 ounces. –Jessica Reuling
List Price: $ 24.95
You can also learn a lot about metal detecting and find more treasure. Most people just want to turn it on and go but this winter, when the ground is frozen, read some books and learn the tips the pro's use. We have a lot of book reviews on this sit ewith links to where you can buy them. Here is an example of one:
Metal Detecting 101: The How-To Guide To Finding Buried Treasure
Do you think about treasure buried out there… the coins… the jewelry… and who knows what else?
Do you dream about finding it… but don't know where to start? If so, then you've found the right book!
When you think of treasure hunting, you think of Indiana Jones, or the movie "National Treasure" because of the excitement involved.
There's a lot of adventure and excitement when finding something that's been buried for hundreds of years.
We are naturally drawn to the mystery and excitement of treasure hunting.
…Things just waiting to be discovered.
Things like coins, jewelry, forgotten trinkets worth a lot of money, and so much more…
The crazy thing is, they could be just sitting anywhere! Even right under your feet…
You don't have to go the Amazon to find treasures from the past.
There's a lot of stuff buried in the sand on beaches, and old hiking trails, and battlefields from long ago.
Many people find amazing things in the most ordinary of places… Usually because they're the only ones looking.
Metal-detecting allows everyday people to become modern day treasure hunters.
They don't go on amazing adventures to Africa. They walk the beach and find things people never would have expected.
There's a lot of treasure beneath our feet and we don't even know about it.
Don't you want to find some of it?
But many people don't ever go metal-detecting because they don't know much about it…Which means they could be missing out on finding some amazing things.
If you don't really know much about metal-detecting, you could be missing out on exciting finds wherever you go.
How many opportunities have you missed out on because you didn't know a few simple basics about metal-detecting?
It's not hard to go metal-detecting; you just have to know what you're doing…
This is a complete guide to metal-detecting. Everything you need to know about metal-detecting is in this book. Things like:
- Introduction To Metal-Detecting: Get the resources you need to be an excellent metal-detecting treasure hunter
- Types of Metal-Detecting: Start looking for the kind of treasure that gets you excited
- Metal-Detector Features: Get the right detector for the right treasure!
- Coils, Diggers, and Scoops: Find out about the tools you'll need in order to get at your buried items
- Detector Use: Find what you're looking for with these powerful keys…
- Trash, The Right Swing, And Everything In-between: Without these tips and pointers you may pass over treasure you've never dreamed of
- Beach Finds: Find treasure while you're enjoying the beautiful setting of the beach
- Understanding Your Site: These key research tips will make sure you find everything that can be found
- Walls, Roadways, And Structures: These invaluable pointers will guide you to making your greatest finds ever
- Understanding The Law: You don't want to find something and have the government confiscate it do you? These guidelines will help insure you get the best out of your hunt
- Search Site Ideas: Tips to finding great treasure sites
- National Forests: How to find amazing treasure inside America's beautiful national parks
- Private Property: So you can go to new places and discover the ultimate find
- Plus much, MUCH MORE!
This just scratches the surface of what’s in this book. If you've ever been interested in metal-detecting, but didn't know where to start, then you need this book to get you on the right foot. It contains everything you need to know about finding that lost treasure through metal-detecting today!
List Price: $ 8.97
Here are some more examples of accesories:
Pro Digging Trowel for use with metal detector
- For use with all metal detector brands
- Heavy gauge stainless steel construction.
- Easy grip handle
- Pointed tip – removes earth safely
- Life time guarantee, if you can break it we will replace it!
The last digging tool you will ever buy. Guaranteed!
Safely recover your finds with the pro digging trowel. The Pro Digging Trowel is no ordinary trowel. Thousands of professional treasure hunters around the world rely on the Pro Digging Trowel. This trowel works in the toughest soil conditions. Ordinary aluminum garden trowels bend under pressure. The Pro Digging Trowel is constructed of extra heavy gauge stainless steel to stand up under the toughest conditions.
Pro Digging Trowel works in the toughest soil conditions. Heavy gauge stainless steel construction. Life time guarantee, if you can break it we will replace it!
Automax Precision v4 Pinpointer Probe/ Mini Metal Detector
- Visual-Flashing light
- Vibrating handle
- Ajustable Sensitivity Control
Today's detectors penetrate deeper. The new Automax Precision Pinpointers mean less unnecessary digging and faster recoveries. It's happened to us all: you've found a great target under your coil, yet when you go to dig you can't find it. Your searchcoil is too big to search the sides of the hole, so you don't know whether the target is on the side of the hole or is deeper. Automax Pinpointers Probes are the answer. Simply turn on, adjust tuner control, scan, and pinpoint your target. The LED light and solid audio sound of the Automax Precision Pinpointer (V4- version handgrip also vibrates) tells you when the extra-long waterproof probe has found your target.
FEATURES: Built-in audio indication ? Super-bright LED target indication light ? Super v4 Vibrator ? Toggle ON/OFF ? Target sensitivity control ? Long and Deep Probe ? Waterproof copper wound HP coil ? Rugged construction ? Surface mount technology ? Easy removable battery door ? Ergonomically designed handle ? Belt Clip easily clips to all size belts ? Operates on 9 volt battery (battery not included) ? 1-year warranty